This educational activity is designed to meet the educational needs of medical oncologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pathologists, pulmonologists, oncology pharmacists, researchers, internists wishing to have an update on the diagnosis and management of lung cancer, and other healthcare professionals interested in the care and treatment of patients with thoracic malignancies.
Upon successful completion of these educational activities, participants should be able to:
- Describe the impact of molecular testing guideline updates, novel diagnostic techniques, and the role of liquid biopsy/cell free DNA on patient evaluation practices
- Evaluate the role of current and emerging biomarkers as predictive indicators for treatment selection and patient response
- Review the current and emerging clinical data regarding the treatment NSCLC that harbor genetic mutations such as EGFR, ALK, ROS1, and less commonly ERBB2, HER2, BRAF, KRAS, RET, MET, and TRK
- Determine the clinical relevance of emerging efficacy and safety data from trials evaluating targeted therapies and immune checkpoint inhibitors (alone or in combination) for NSCLC, SCLC, and mesothelioma
- Translate the latest evidence regarding molecularly targeted agents, immunotherapies, and predictive biomarkers to informed and personalized NSCLC treatment plans
In support of improving patient care, HMP Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
HMP Education protects the privacy of personal and other information regarding participants, educational partners, and joint sponsors. HMP Education and our joint sponsors will not release personally identifiable information to a third party without the individual’s consent, except such information as is required for reporting purposes to the appropriate accrediting agency.
HMP Education maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
HMP Education complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please call 609-371-1137.
Non-Accredited Innovation Theaters
These are promotional programs and no CE credits are offered. All attendees, please be advised that information—eg, your name and the value of any meal you receive during these promotional programs—may be publicly disclosed pursuant to applicable federal and/or state laws. If you are licensed in a state or are an employee of an organization that limits or prohibits meals from pharmaceutical companies, please identify yourself so that everyone is able to comply with such requirements.